Hickory Motor Speedway Rules Addendums
Clarification and Addendums to 2013 Hickory Motor Speedway Fuel Rule: 8/12/13
Rule Addendum Carburetor Spacer 6-27-13
Rule Amendment 6-1-13 for the Ford part # M-6007 D347SR Crate Motor
Renegade Rules Changes April 8 2013
Street Stock Rules 3-28-2013
Rule Addendum Carburetor Spacer 6-27-13
Only a one piece open hole solid, aluminum carburetor spacer, a maximum 1 in thickness, may be used on the Ford 347SR between the intake manifold and the carburetor. The spacer must be centered on the intake manifold with a single open hole which must be cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. Taper, bevels, or any other modifications will not be permitted.
A one piece, one hole paper gasket. Maximum .065 thickness that matches the exterior dimensions of the carburetor throttle base plate must be installed between the carburetor and spacer. A one piece paper gasket maximum .065 thickness must be installed between the spacer and the intake manifold. The gasket must not be larger than the top of the intake.
Rule Amendment 6-1-13 for the Ford part # M-6007 D347SR Crate Motor (May 29)
After several weeks of research, testing, and the collection of data (including multiple Ford factory revisions), Hickory Motor Speedway Management has determined that the Ford Crate 347SR now has a substantial advantage of Horsepower, Torque, and Rate of Acceleration based on the present rules package provided at Hickory Motor Speedway. Therefore, the following Rule Amendment will be in place beginning on 6-1-13.
Rule Amendment 6-1-13 for the Ford part # M-6007 D347SR Crate Motor as per the Hickory Motor Speedway 2013 Rule Book.
Carburetor Holley 390 HP80507-1
1) 390 cfm stock out of the box. You may change jets and power valve only. (No Spacer)
2) Weights will change to: 3100 lbs with a right side weight of 1375 lbs .
Hickory Motor Speedway reserves the right to make additional changes in an effort to continue to keep our NWAAS Bojangles Late Model Stocks on a level playing field.
Hickory Motor Speedway
Hickory Motor Speedway 2013 V8 Stock Renegade Rules (April 8)
STOCK refers to stock manufacturer's equipment for your car. STOCK refers to parts made by GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc. It does not refer to aftermarket speed parts or parts varying from stock dimensions. STOCK means a factory ID number must be in place. Stock means original equipment parts for your car.
$1000 fine for soaking tires
$100 fine for antifreeze
$1,500 management claim on the car minus the following safety items:
1. All Cars must weigh a minimum of 3,400 lbs.
1. American made car; 105-inch or greater wheel base
2. No High Performance vehicles or motors
3. No Camaro, Mustang or Firebird models
1. All glass, lights and light covers must be removed.
2. Windshield may be replaced with 1/8 lexan (full windshield).
3. No screens or half-windshields.
4. All flammable material must be removed from interior.
5. No excessive gutting of body including fender wells.
6. Doors must be welded or bolted closed.
7. Stock front and rear firewalls required. All holes must be sealed.
8. Stock bumpers may be reinforced and bumper shocks may be removed.
9. Spoilers must be 54 inches wide, 5 inches high and at a 45 to 50 degree angle.
10. Stock OEM or aftermarket noses approved - must remain stock appearing, (No Late Model, etc.)
11. No fiberglass body parts or hoods.
1. No suspension modifications allowed. All suspension parts must be stock and in the stock position for make and model .
2 Maximum 3 degrees negative or positive camber.
3. Minimum 6-inch ground clearance with driver. Metric and full frame cars will be measured at frame and leaf spring cars at the rocker panel.
4. NO cutting or altering of springs.
5. After-market type stock appearing springs allowed.
6. 10 Minimum free-standing Coil spring height - Front (all cars) and Rear (coil spring cars)
7. Non-adjustable spacers may be used on top or bottom of coil springs to maintain minimum 6 ride height. Frame spring bucket and lower A-frame must remain stock.
8. Any brand OEM stock mounted hydraulic shock. NO racing shocks/No coating of shocks must remain stock as manufactured and located in stock position
9. Spring rubbers allowed. One per wheel. Spring clamps not allowed.
10. No cutting and/or dropped spindles.
11. Lowering Blocks allowed.
1. Fuel cell mandatory.
2. 8 gallon max.
3. Fuel cell to be installed in trunk area.
4. Fuel cell must be mounted down with (4) 1-inch metal straps.
5. Fuel filler cap must be on top of fuel cell. No filler tubes allowed.
1. Minimum four driver's side door bars required.
2. Minimum three passenger side door bars required or X-bars required.
3. Minimum 1-3/4 diameter .090 wall tubing.
4. Roof loop bar required.
5. 4-Point Roll Cage required.
6. Steel plate must be mounted on drivers side of the roll cage 1/8 in thick.
1. Brakes on all 4 wheels must work.
1. All wheels must be the same size.
2. All lug nuts must be in place, on studs pressed into axle, and firmly secure.
3. Maximum width 7-inches.
4. Any stock or after-market steel wheel.
5. Minimum 14-inch; maximum 15-inch wheels allowed.
6. No welding allowed on any wheels.
1. Cooper Cobra P235-225/70 R15 to be purchased or approved at the track, no angle/camber cutting of tires.
2. 2/32 Sec. Minimum Tread Depth.
1. Magnetic steel spacers will be permitted to utilize the maximum allowable tread width.
2. One spacer per wheel, half inch maximum, no welding. Billet Aluminum or magnetic steel approved.
3. Spacers, if used, must be the same thickness left and right; however, the front and rear do not have to agree. Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 65 inches, front and rear measured from the inside of one wheel to the outside of the other wheel, zero toe-in, at spindle height. A tolerance of ½ inch will be permitted between the front tread width and rear tread width, but the widest tread width must not exceed 65 inches.
1. Engine must be stock for make and model.
2. No modifications to the stock engine allowed.
3. .030 overbore allowed.
4. No headers allowed.
5. Hydraulic camshafts only with .410 max lift measured at the retainer as raced.
6. Poly locks allowed on Rocker arms.
7. Overflow catch system (catch can) required NO ANTI-FREEZE.
8. No police intercept engines allowed.
9. No fuel injection allowed.
10. Carburetor GM Q-Jet, Ford on Ford, and Chrysler on Chrysler.
11. Stock replacement 4 eyebrow pistons only. Overbore 0.030 permitted
12. Only OEM stock cast iron intake m anifolds per m itted with rear du m p in the back. No center du m p are allowed.
13. Cylinder heads minimum 72cc combustion chamber for each cylinder permitted.
14. Three angle valve job per NASCAR Late Model Stock Rule book.
15. Aluminum or Steel pulleys are approved.
1. Aluminum radiators permitted. Stock appearing.
2. Radiator supports cannot be removed.
Renegade Engine Claiming Rule
Fee for claiming is $1500.00 cash and exchange of your engine. Claiming must be within 20 minutes of the checkered flag and be accompanied by a claiming request in writing and $1500 cash. Only the winner's engine may be claimed. Claimer must finish within 2 positions of the winner to claim engine. Both engines must pass tech or claim is void. Refusal to accept claim will result in loss of points and purse and suspension for next 2 events. Once an engine is involved in a claim it cannot be claimed again for 3 events. Each driver may use the claiming rule only once per season.
1. Must have an automatic transmission
2. Transmission cooling is permitted
3. Drive shaft must be painted white
4. Two drive shaft loop are required
1. 3.42 gear ratio required.
2. Stock rearends for make and model required.
3. Limited slip, welding of the rearend allowed.
4. Posi-traction allowed.
1. Aluminum race seats required.
2. 5 or 6 point race harness required.
3. Seat belts must have manufacture date within 3 years date of event.
4. Battery may be moved into cab area, covered and securely fastened.
5. Steel battery box required.
6. No mirrors outside car.
7. Inside mirror permitted.
8. Functional driver's side window net required.
9. Car must be equipped with on-board fire extinguisher.
10. Helmets required.
11. Must meet minimum. SA-2000 requirements
12. Drivers SFI suit required.
13. Driving gloves recommended.
14. One 12-inch diameter (circular) hole may be cut into hood for safety.
1. Door numbers must be 18-inches in height on both doors.
2. Roof numbers required and must be 28 inches in height.
1. Any item not specifically covered above must remain 100% stock.
2. Track officials will have discretion to modify these rules as needed including event night changes.
3. Two-way radios permitted.
4. No Fuel Requirements.
Addendum to current Street Stock Rules 3-28-2013
CARBURETOR (all motors)
350 2300 CARBURETOR (from NASCAR LMSC Rulebook 2006)
The Holley 2300 two (2) barrel carburetor, list number 7448 and the Holley 2300 HP two (2) barrel carburetor, part number 80787-1, with a venturi size of 1-3/16 inches and maintaining a throttle bore maximum size of 1-1/2 inches (see B. below for Holley carburetor rework guidelines.) The Holley 2300 two (2) barrel carburetor, list number 7448 and the Holley 2300 HP two (2) barrel carburetor, part number 80787-1, are the only 350-CFM carburetors that will be permitted on all models. The venturis must maintain a round (circular) cross section. Only Holley replacement or service parts can be used in any carburetor rework. Carburetors and/or carburetor components machined from billet materials will not be permitted.
Holley 2300 and 2300 HP two (2) barrel Carburetor Rework Guidelines
CARBURETOR MAIN BODY
Reshaping, polishing, grinding, or drilling of additional holes will not be permitted. The maximum size for the air bleed holes in the top of the carburetor body will be 0.080 inch for all four (4) holes. Screw in air bleed jets will not be permitted in the 2300 main body. Screw in air bleed jets will be permitted for the 2300 HP main body, but they must be epoxied in place. For the Holley 2300 HP main body, the amount of holes and passages must remain as manufactured. Additional and/or plugging holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley
2300 HP MAIN BODY
The choke may be removed, but all screw holes must be permanently sealed.
Choke horn must not be removed.
The booster type must not be changed. The Holley booster part number 45R-107-1, with the casting number 45R-107 and part number 45R-312R, with the casting number 45R-312 are the only boosters that will be permitted. The Holley casting numbers must remain legible on the top of all booster stems. Size or shape must not be altered. Height and location of the boosters must remain as manufactured. All boosters must maintain a minimum outside diameter of 0.616 inch. The addition of material will not be permitted to the boosters with the exception of a small amount of epoxy that may be used to assist in securing the booster stem to the main body of the carburetor.
The venturi area must not be altered or reshaped in any manner. The venturi must maintain a circular (round) cross section. The casting ring must not be removed. The location of the venturi must remain as produced by the manufacturer.
Alterations that, in the judgment of Track Officials, were made to allow additional air to be picked up below the opening of the venturi such as altered gaskets, base plates, and drilling holes into the carburetor will not be permitted.
CARBURETOR THROTTLE BODY (base plate)
The carburetor throttle body must be used as provided by the manufacturer. The positioning of the throttle bores in the carburetor throttle body must be the same as provided by the manufacturer. The throttle bores must be completely round. The throttle bores must be straight without taper from top to bottom. The throttle bores must remain perpendicular to the top and bottom of the carburetor throttle body. The throttle body (base plate) must not be altered in shape or size. All vacuum holes must be threaded and plugged.
THROTTLE PLATES (butterflies)
Stock throttle plates (butterflies) must not be thinned or tapered. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies. Screw ends may be cut even with the shafts, but the screw heads must remain standard.
Shafts must remain stock and must not be thinned or cut in any manner.
CARBURETOR METERING BLOCKS
Only Holley metering blocks can be used. Surfacing of the metering blocks for improved gasket seal will be permitted. The only metering blocks permitted for the Holley 2300 HP carburetor (80787-1) will be the Holley, part numbers 11938N, 11886 (390HP) and 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) metering blocks. To order metering block part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) the sales number is 134-276. For the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks, the amount of holes and passages and the location must remain as manufactured with screw in emulsion bleed jets in each jet passage, however, hole sizes may be altered in the jets. Blanks without holes may be used. Additional holes or passages will not be permitted in the Holley 2300 HP approved metering blocks. The Holley metering block, part number 12323 (screw in emulsion bleed jets) will not be permitted in the Holley 2300, list number 7448.
The accelerator pump discharge nozzle must not be changed. The retaining screw must not be drilled for a discharge passage.
POWER VALVES and FLOATS
May be altered
1. All weights are with driver before and after the race. Only gas and water may be added after the race.
2. 105 inch and longer coil spring cars 3200/1440. (total/right)
3. 101 inch coil spring cars 3250/1465.
4. 110 inch and longer leaf spring cars 3200/1440
5. All other leaf spring cars 3250/1465
6. Cars with rear disc brakes add 50 lbs.
7. *Aftermarket bodies add 50lbs. to RS above and beyond total weight (Ex. 105" and longer coil spring 3250-1490)
*Cars with front screw jacks must add 50lbs. overall - 55%/45% split*
*For competitor equality cars with front screw jacks will not be allowed to make jack bolt wedge adjustments during the actual race. * (1 lap penalty will be enforced)
* All cars must maintain a minimum of 45% right side weight at all times.
8 . All lead must be painted with car number on it.
9 . Claimed weight must be displayed on right rear corner of hood.